The Department of Science & Technology and Government of India is inviting applicants for its National Award for Women’s Development in order to recognize the contribution of individuals/institutions who have worked at the grassroots level for women’s development.
- This prestigious award is announced every year.
- It comprises of a memento, a citation and a cash prize of Rs.1.00 lakh for individual and Rs.10.00 lakhs for institutions.
- The award is open to resident Indian citizens and institutions registered in India. Employees of Department of Science & Technology are not eligible for this award.
- The individual/ institution should have a minimum experience of 10 years and outstanding contribution in research, design, development, adaptation or application of science and technology at the grassroots level for women’s development.
- Individuals/ institutions that have received this award earlier are not eligible for consideration.
- Nomination for the Award can be made by Vice Chancellors of Universities, Directors of IITs, NITs, R&D institutions, Heads of science based voluntary organizations, Secretaries of S&T Departments, Secretaries of State Departments/State Councils for S&T; earlier winners of this award.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a nomination form by post as mentioned on the website.
Deadline: 31 July 2016
Eligible Country: India
For more information, please visit National Award for Women’s Development.